I know, I am just like everyone making a special post to those special people out there.
Memorial Day has meant something big to me since the 6th grade. My teacher had a family member who served, and in honor of him we all had to write letters to soldiers. I was one of the few who got a letter back. The soldier told me how much it meant to him that I sent him a letter saying thank you, and that he has a daughter my age who he misses so much. Of course, that letter touched me and I haven't forgotten about it since.
So, thank you soldiers of all branches for what you do and the things you give up. You and your families are such a blessing. I am proud to say that soon I will be living that life.
I went to Mountain View, Missouri this weekend to float what I think was the James Folk River. It was just BEAUTIFUL! I don't have any pictures because the last time Jake and I floated we had a near-death experience. Seriously. Therefore, we took hardly anything on the canoe. But, we didn't flip this time! Got close. Jake and I met my future step dad's family and they were just great!! And, all they wanted to do was talk about babies! It was okay with me. The only bad thing that happened was I got poison ivy on my leg-I am HIGHLY allergic to it. Better on my leg than on my butt, right?? Haha!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment