Wow. You know what I absolutely love? When you type a whole essay just to accidently close it. I had finished my blog for today, and now as you can tell (because I am telling you) I have to rewrite it. Which is frustrating? Mostly because this is when I tell the world BIG news, and talk about how my life is about to dramatically change!
Let me get to the point…
Life as I know it is about to change. At some point in Jake and mine life, we knew we were going to have to go down a different road. However, what is going on now wouldn’t have been our first pick down the road. You know, they say, couples have a baby when it is least expected. Well, this is surely the least expected happening for Jake and I.
We aren’t sure exactly how far along I am. I haven’t been to the doctor yet, but I PROMISE I will soon!
Now, in hearing that news, we knew that we have to do something to better our life. Jake decided to do something he has always thought about doing, just never has decided to do this until now. Because an Army Solider. In the addition to our new, soon to be lives, I will also become an Army wife. And I must say, I am SO PROUD of my husband for taking care of his family.
He took the ASVAB this last Wednesday, and did very well! But, we have a hold in the enlisting process. My sweet, smart husband has not always been the man that he is now. But, who are we to judge? No one is perfect. In the 8th grade, he stole some skittles from his teacher in Fresno, California. Long story short, he went to court and was put under house arrest. Ridiculous, right?!? In Arkansas, you would get a slap on the hand, detention, have to apologize, but not is Fresno, California. In order to continue with Jake enlisting, he must get the court documents that say that this case is closed. You would think since this is on his juvenile record that it wouldn’t matter, but we all suspected wrong! LOL.
After we get the paperwork, Jake then can pick his job, go to MEPS for a physical and swear into the Army. He will then go to basic training for approximately 10 weeks. Following basic will be AIT. Now, we aren’t sure how long Jake will be at AIT; it is all depending on the job that he picks.
While Jake is away learning the military way, I will be living with my mommy. Lol. Jake and my mom don’t like the idea of me living alone in an apartment by myself especially while pregnant. So, from what Jake and I are figuring. He will be gone to basic and AIT for somewhere around 5-6 months.
Well, I hope this isn’t too much information for my friends and family in this one blog. I’m sorry that some family had to find out from hear say, but this is the best way for Jake and I to tell everyone at one time, and make sure we didn’t forget anyone.
I just saw that you're a new follower of my blog! Thanks for following!
ReplyDeleteI'm excite to read about your family's journey into the Army! And welcome to the Army family!
Just started following you! Congrats on everything. I look forward to hearing about starting your new life as an army wife. welcome to the life!
ReplyDeletefollow me @ untilyoucomehome.blogspot.com