Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Toddler...enough said.

It wasn't until yesterday that I finally felt overwhelmed with having two children. I have learn to accept that with being a stay at home mom of two, my house will always be dirty especially while I am in school. I have adjusted to having 4-6 hours of sleep. But one thing I can NOT accept...THE TERRIBLE TWOS.
Aria had her two month check-up. For the last few days Jaxon has had a cold, and when he doesn't feel good he acts like his daddy...like the world is coming to an end. They call us back to go into the room. Jaxon doesn't want to go so I have to set Aria's carrier down, pick him up, and then pick up the Aria along with having the diaper bag. We get into the room and I undress Aria so we can leave the room for her to be weighed. Jaxon comes out with us and stands by the weigh station. We go to walk back in the room and Jaxon darts in the opposite direction. So here I am with a naked little girl in my arms and I am trying to grab my toddler. I hold his hand and he goes limp noodle on me! I tell him to stand up and he throws himself down screaming and kicking. I about started crying right then. Somehow we manage to get back in the room. The doctor comes in and she is asking me questions about Aria's development. I keep answering her questions with "yes" and Jaxon started chiming in answering the doctor's questions for me, "Yes. Yes. Yes." Luckily it was funny. Aria is laying on a table then Jaxon starts slamming the cabinet doors. I sat Aria up against the wall so I know she is safe and wouldn't fall off (even though she can't roll yet). The doctor tells me I should NEVER leave her unattended. I wanted to tell her, "Look, I don't know if you have two children under the age of two, but you can't carry a newborn around while trying to chase your toddler and stop him from being a little hellan." Of course when I leave her unattended she is buckled into a swing or a chair. THEN to top it off, Jaxon throws up his breakfast! Usually, I am able to hold my child when he is getting shots but I didn't get to this time. Aria got three shots. One in the left leg and two in the right. Two nurses came in and laid her on the table and poked her at the same time. I wanted to cry right then as well. I finally rescue her, but by this time she is pissed. Screaming bloody murder and my cooing and telling her she will be alright is doing nothing. She calms down enough for me to put her in the carrier, but she is still crying. The three of us go to check out, and Jaxon is at the door where people can't go or come. I pick him up and once again my child goes limp noodle, but this time in my arms. The lady trying to schedule Aria's 4 month check up is getting frustrated because I can't hear her over my two crying children. I carry Jaxon and Aria out the door before the tears come. Finally, we get to go home.
After hearing my daughter be called AIRa instead of ARia three different times, I want to yell, "It is really as simple as it looks! Her name doesn't have the word air in it so stop pronouncing it like it does." This is what I get for letting my husband pick out both kids' names. No one can spell our son's name correctly and no one can pronounce our daughter's name correctly. Until next time...I'll try not to go bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment